Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Treat Bags and Boxes Part III

Today I have two more cute Halloween themed treat boxes for you.  I'm having so much fun creating these...I'm going to have to find some new friends so I have enough people to hand these out to when this is all done.  LOL!

My first box is actually one I created last year and it's one of my all time favorite hybrid projects. 

My not so scary Dracula fang teeth box, uses a simple coffin box template I found HERE.  I printed the box template and constructed the box out of SU Basic Black cardstock.   I then worked from the template to create the box cover in Photoshop Elements.  I cut out the bat and bent its wings a little before adhereing to the box front.  I then created a slim card to slide in side -he,he...love the saying!  I filled the box with some Carmel Apple Candy Corn that looked like bloody fang teeth (well at least a little).  What a cute little box to give to someone with a little sense of humor!

My second project for today using a cutting file for a box...the only thing is I didn't use my Cricut!  That's right.  A lot of the cutting files you can purchase for electronic cutting machines also .PSD files that can be used in Photoshop Elements (or other photoeditting software).

 I used The Cutting Files' Gift Basket template/cutting file to create this cute little party cup.    The digital kit I used is called Scary Confectionary by Julie Billingsley and Traci Reed available at the Sweet Shoppe.  I love the fun colors in this kit!!! 

To create the little treat basket I just opened the cutting file in Elements and then used it as a clipping mask to create the final project.  I made sure I used large shadows to keep the elements/decorations looking realistic.  I then printed out on to presentation paper and score, folded and assembled my box.  I chose to fill my little treat box with the yummy Ghost Marshmallows (which look oh so cute floating in hot cocoa!).  I think these are perfect little cups to put on a table for a party!

I'm working on part IV of this series, so check back with me closer to the weekend for the next installment.  Until then...happy hybrid crafting!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute boxes!

I have to cut all my stuff by hand. I'm so glad that Mari includes .psd files, or I'd be crying over all the cool stuff other people got to make. LOL!

HeatherB said...

These are so cute. I need to get a cricut!